Let’s Get Our Merry On!
It’s here! It’s Here!
The Holiday Season is finally here! and to mark the gleeful occasion, we'll be Zooming on Monday, December 19, at 6:30 p.m.
That's the 3rd Monday of December as opposed to our usual meeting on the 4th Monday of each month.
Your dynamic duo of party planners, Secretary Audrey Walz and Editor Patricia Bossano, have been hard at work to put together a sparkling evening in which to enjoy good company and celebrate another year of writing in our beautiful San Diego, and beyond. We see you, out-of-state and out-of-county members!
Of course, the following is not compulsory, but to enhance the holiday cheer you’ll need to:
• Register to attend (obviously).
• BYOB (bring your own beverage, and flute or wine glass, and set them by your keyboard)
• Pen and paper, also by your keyboard (If you prefer, it can be an open word document on your screen.)
• Display festive décor, at least one item visible in your zoom background. (Wreath, candles, poinsettias, etc.)
• ♫ Don we now ♫ our gay apparel ♫ (Santa hat, reindeer antlers, red nose, grinch hair, etc.)
• And with that…
You should be ready to join in the merriment—be prepared to amaze and be amazed!
A piece of Festive Flash Fiction will be written on the fly (100 words); followed by an open mic to share your astonishing literary prowess; then, a chance for that flash fiction to be featured in a first ever Holiday Video (perfect for family or read-aloud night), and the icing on the cake, a heartfelt recognition of our wonderful volunteers without whom our Guild wouldn’t continue to grow and thrive.
Don’t delay your registration! https://sdweg.org/event-5012812
Thank you so much for all your help!